Terms & Conditions
- National Instrument Hire Limited (hereinafter known as “ The Company") will hire the items described for a minimum hire period of one week and thereafter extendable by 1-2 days, which will be charged on a pro rata basis, 3 days or more will be charged at the full weekly rate.
- The hire period is 7 days is consecutive and inclusive of weekends. The hire commences on the day the equipment is delivered to the hirer or is collected by the hirer from our office. The hire continues until the equipment is received back at our office.
- The hirer may retain equipment for longer than one week without giving notice to the owner.
- The hirer will in its use of the said equipment observe all the manufactures instructions and other regulations that may be issued for the proper use thereof and shall be entirely responsible for any damage caused to the said equipment through failure to observe such instructions or regulations.
It will be the hirer’s responsibility:
- Not to subject the said equipment to any unfair wear and tear or misuse and to use said equipment in a proper manner.
- To preserve The Companies or manufacturers identification number or marks on any nameplate that there should be on said equipment.
- To keep the said equipment safe from damage and in good condition whilst the equipment is in the hirer’s possession.
- To indemnify The Company in respect of loss or damage to the equipment however caused, except for fair wear and tear and normal use. In the event of any damage theft or loss the hirer shall notify The Company immediately, who will quote a reasonable sum covering the cost of repair or replacement, plus any loss of income as applicable to be paid by the hirer. The normal hire rate will continue until The Company has been paid in full the amount of the said sum. It is the responsibility of the hirer to ensure that full insurance is in place whilst the equipment is in the hirer’s possession to cover such losses.
- In the event of the equipment being found defective on receipt or during use, The Company must be notified immediately and we will replace with the minimum possible delay.
- The hirer will not without previous consent of The Company, sell or offer for sale, mortgage, pledge, lend or otherwise dispose or part with the possession of the items or any of them.
- The hirer will not hold The Company responsible for any loss, damage, injury, death to persons, or property for whatever reasons with regard to use of equipment hired. The Company shall not be liable for any consequential expense, liability, loss, claim or proceedings whatsoever caused by or arising out of the late delivery, unsuitability, failure or repossession of the equipment and plant or any part thereof or any breakdown or stoppage of same.
- In case of default of payments The Company is entitled to recover to recover the said equipment without prior notice being given.
- In the event of equipment being used abroad or in a hazardous environment, it is the responsibility of the hirer to arrange adequate insurance cover to the full replacement value of the equipment.
- Settlement terms are strictly 30 days from the date of invoice. The Company reserves the right to impose an interest charge on overdue accounts.